[EN] podstawowe zasady + rozszerzenie wilkołak

Wszystkie niejasności, wątpliwości, rożne sugestie związane z zasadami gry.
ODPOWIEDZ
Bonobo 1809 [Autor tematu]
Losujemy postać
Losujemy postać
Losujemy postać

[EN] podstawowe zasady + rozszerzenie wilkołak

Post autor: Bonobo 1809 »

Odpowiedź może być w języku polskim :)

Hi guys, I didn't play Talisman in 4 years now and I reread the instructions but now I see that we've played a bit off the rules. Also there are some things that I just don't remember/know how to Play. I hope you can assist. 

I am playing base game with blood moon expansion in Polish, so forgive me if some translations are a bit off the English standard.

1) I struggle with diversifying an enemy, stranger, character and creature. Is every enemy a creature? What's a creature that's not an enemy? Is werewolf a creature? 

2) This one relates to the first one - if I'm an elf and I'm in woods, can I evade werewolf?

3) when you're a frog can you collect anything but health and faith?  Is frog still treated as a character? Can I attack someone when they're frog?

4) can I use followers at any time in my round if it's not specified otherwise? I mean can I move and open two adventure cards and then take 1, transform it into gold and take another one? Can I use alchemist (followers in general) during someone else's turn?

5) can I cast a spell on the same turn when I acquired it? Let's say I had one spell, I got second and I'm casting second right away. I know I can't cast two because I started my turn with one only

6) some cards say that during the night this enemy has +1 to attack. But that's also what a night does - does it mean it has +2? Or it means that night card doesn't add +1 to all enemies? 

7) there is a card called active volcano - it's a place but it doesn't mention that it stays after being used nor that's discarded. What's the default action for places? Does it stay on board even if it is not specified?

8) does it take one move to go from inner region field to valley of fire and another one from valley to crown? What if I'll lose Talisman while being on the crown? 

9) I heard that I have to use one of 3 options in village/city but my version says "you may use x,y or z" is it optional or required to take action? I also heard that theft can rob something from village and then interact with it. Does it work for everyone? Using your character ability doesn't count as interaction?

10) when I'm trying to move from outer region to middle (same with middle to inner) do I have to have +1 move to go through gard/door or is it enough to stand on the field? 

I have game night on Saturday and I forgot some of the basics :) I really hope you can help. Thank you in advance 

Awatar użytkownika
Mały Nemo
#Administrator: Nemomon
Playtester Talismana
Współtłumacz TMiM
Organizator Zjazdów
Uczestnik Zjazdów
Ware wa Messiah nari
Autor Dodatków
A kind, crazy fool and a stubborn kid.

Re: [EN] podstawowe zasady + rozszerzenie wilkołak

Post autor: Mały Nemo »

To dla Ciebie czy będziesz komuś tłumaczyć i wysyłać?

Name's Little Nemo, I'm the Dream Master!
Little bit of fun is all I'm after!
Awatar użytkownika
Mały Nemo
Playtester Talismana
Współtłumacz TMiM
Organizator Zjazdów
Uczestnik Zjazdów
Ware wa Messiah nari
Autor Dodatków

Hey,

1. Creatures are everything that attack a character (excluding another characers). So enemies, NPCs and beings from cards or board spaces are all creatures. Enemies are a special kind of creatures that upon being killed they can be taken as trophies.

2. Yes, you can evade the Werewolf, but only after it will attack you (you rolled a 4 for its chart).

3. When you are a toad, you can gain only attributes (Strength, Craft, life and fate). Upon turning back to a character, you retain only gained or lost life and fate points. Gained Strength and Craft points are not retained. A toad is a character, and can be attacked.

4. That's a hard question, the rules are not very good at explaining this. Generally you can use your followers any time you want (including during other players' turn), but there are some restrictions. For example to turn an object into gold you must take the object. In other words, if you already have 4 objects and can take another one, you take the object, then immediately you must ditch some objects and THEN you can turn an object into gold. If you lose an attack against another character you can turn into gold any objects you wish, but before they will decide what object they want to steal from you. Once they will decide that, it's too late to use the Alchemist.

5. Yes, you can.

6. The former. The enemy gets +2 to their attack roll.

7. It stays on the board until someone will roll a 5 or a 6 for its effect.

8. I don't quite understand that question. In the Inner Region you move one space per turn, so you need to spend at least 5 turns to enter the Crown of Command space. The Talisman is only needed to enter the Valley of Fire. If you will lose it while being on the VoF space or on the CoC space, nothing happens.

9. Using an ability and encountering a space are two different things. Every character needs to encounter a space, but some characters can do more than just encounter the space (like Thief).

10. Yes, you need to have at least one more free movement point.

Losujemy postać
Losujemy postać
Losujemy postać

Dziękuję Bardzo za Twój czas :) Przepraszam że nie zdążyłem odpowiedzieć wcześniej - gram ze znajomymi i po polsku i angielsku więc ważniejsze jest dla mnie zrozumienie zasad, z tłumaczeniem nie będzie problemu.

Przeczytałam Twoje odpowiedzi oraz przejrzałem jeszcze postacie i mam mały follow up :)

1) czyli jak dla tego przykładowego elfa w puszczy pojawi się czarownica/Mefistofeles czy wiedźma z kotłem to mogę ich uniknąć jeśli chcę, Dobrze zrozumiałem?

Teraz sprawdziłem że Mefistofeles to zdarzenie a nie nieznajomy, więc zakładam że jego to nie dotyczy?

11) Czy muszę skorzystać z jednej z opcji w mieście bądź wiosce pomimo tego że jest napisane "możesz"?

12) łowczyni wampirów - aby przeprowadzić śledztwo należy odrzucić jedna kartę i wylosować w jej miejsce jedną więcej która trzeba rozpatrzyć. Tzn że odrzucam jedną i biorę dwie nowe? Przepraszam jeśli to głupie pytanie ale tak to zrozumiałem
13) tak jak łowczyni wampirów, wróżka może odrzucać karty - czy posiadając magiczna kulę (Chyba tak się nazywała - robi to samo co wróżka - odrzuca jedna kartę i dobiera nową) mogę dokonać tego dwa razy? Rozumiem że opis " tę kartę już
Musisz rozpatrzyć" jest po to aby nie nadużywać umiejętności, co natomiast kiedy mam kilka mocy które robią to samo i każdej mogę użyć max raz na turę?

Dziękuję bardzo za odpowiedź
Ostatnio zmieniony piątek 12 cze 2020, 15:10 przez Bonobo 1809, łącznie zmieniany 2 razy.

Awatar użytkownika
Mały Nemo
Playtester Talismana
Współtłumacz TMiM
Organizator Zjazdów
Uczestnik Zjazdów
Ware wa Messiah nari
Autor Dodatków

Bonobo 1809 pisze: piątek 12 cze 2020, 14:44 1) czyli jak dla tego przykładowego elfa w puszczy pojawi się czarownica/Mefistofeles czy wiedźma z kotłem to mogę ich uniknąć jeśli chcę, Dobrze zrozumiałem?

Teraz sprawdziłem że Mefistofeles to zdarzenie a nie nieznajomy, więc zakładam że jego to nie dotyczy?
Nie. Jest tak, jak napisałeś - To są zdarzenia i nieznajomi, a wymykać się można jedynie istotom (creatures) i Poszukiwaczom, czyli tym, co atakuje (w przypadku Poszukiwaczy można też im się wymknąć, jeśli chcą wykorzystać swoją zdolność przeciwko nam). W innych rozszerzeniach są karty, które pozwalają się "wymknąć" innym typom kart, ale w podstawce i Blood Moonie ich nie ma.

11. Musisz kogoś tam odwiedzić. Zostało to sprecyzowane w FAQ. Jeśli nie masz kogo innego odwiedzić, to musisz odwiedzić Mistyka lub Czarodziejkę.

12. Nie. Odrzucasz jedną i w zamian losujesz jedną. Liczba kart do badania się nie zmieni.

13. Tak, możesz. Te zdolności się "stackują", aczkolwiek możesz skorzystać tylko z jednej z nich naraz. Znaczy, najpierw losujesz karty, odrzucasz jedną z nich, losujesz kartę, aby ją zastąpić i następnie możesz odrzucić kolejną kartę i wylosować w jej miejsce następną. To zdanie "musisz rozpatrzyć" oznacza, że nowo wylosowaną kartę musisz zbadać (zamiast np. odłożyć na obszar bez rozpatrywania).

Losujemy postać
Losujemy postać
Losujemy postać

W końc lub dokończyłem czytać FAQ :) ominąłbym wiele pytań gdybym skończył czytać wcześniej.

Dziękuję bardzo za wszystkie odpowiedzi

ODPOWIEDZ